Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update on Utah Gas Prices

In a post last week, I pointed out that Utah gas prices are among the lowest in the nation.

Here is the Gas Temperature Map from GasBuddy.com for today.

Remember THIS graph the next time you hear someone complaining about how Utahans pay too much for gas.

If you live in Utah and all you care about is the price of gas, then you should be glad you don't live in California or New York. I've been following this map for quite a while now and those two states are NEVER green. It's probably because of high gas taxes there.

I have to wonder how much lower the price of gas can go. It has dropped from $4.04, when I filled up on August 13th to $1.42 when I filled up today. That's a drop of 65%. As I recall, Utah was red or orange on the map back then, which means our price decline has been much sharper than the rest of the country. It can't keep falling at this rate. There is a lower bound of zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment