Sunday, April 5, 2015

I Like Uber... A Lot!

I've been reading a lot about Uber over the past long while, but living in Orem, Utah, have been unable to really try it out.

This past week on a 4-day business trip to Washington, DC I've used it a couple if times myself and numerous times with a group.  I really like it and here are a few reasons why:



  • It's very quick and convenient - I waited no longer than a couple of minutes for a driver to show up (except once).  The app shows your position on a map along with the position of your matched car.
  • Payment is hassle free - Type in your credit card when you set up and everything flows electronically, no need to produce credit cards and worry about tips.
  • The cars are clean and the drivers are great people - most of then drove several hours per week.  One had a limo service and used Uber to pick up extra work when things were slow.  They work when they want and have a great attitude.
  • It seems relatively inexpensive - I don't ride taxis in the US very often, but this seemed to cost less.  Maybe Washington is cheaper for rides in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment