Thursday, April 25, 2019

My First Kitty - Cindy



When I was about five years old, my family consisted of my parents, my younger brother, and myself.  We lived in San Gabriel, California and that was when I got my first cat.  She was a calico and I named her Cindy after a song by Eddie Fisher that my mother used to sing around the house, "Cindy Oh Cindy".  I distinctly remember the lyrics, "Cindy, oh Cindy, Cindy don't let me down."





Cindy was the family cat from about 1966 through the early 1980s.  She moved with us to Phoenix, Arizona in 1967 and again to Idaho Falls, Idaho in 1976.  I remember when we moved to Idaho we took a pickup with a camper, a sedan, and a VW beetle.  Dad drove the car and towed the VW, while Mom drove the car.  The dog, Snoopy, was in the pickup, but poor Cindy was durgged up and traveled in the VW with a litter box, some water and food dish.  We'd check on her everytime we stopped, and she was usually hunkered under the seats and very confused.  She died after, I'd left home, I think sometime in 1980 or 1981 when I was serving my LDS mission in Korea.

Cindy as a kitten in California, with my brother, Kendall
In our backyard in Phoenix with my sister, Glenette

Cindy and Glenette in Phoenix


No comments:

Post a Comment