Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taiwan 2014, Part 1


Temple at Chiufen
I presented a paper a the Asian Meetings of the Econometric Society in Taiwan this June.  I was able to bring both my wife, and my youngest daughter along for the trip.


We arrived in Taipei on the evening of June 18th.  We had rented an apartment via Airbnb in downtown Taipei in the Ximending district and enjoyed staying there.  The conference ran June 20 through 22.  Yeongmi and Joan took afternoon tours on the 20th and 21st via a local tour agency.  I went with them on the 19th to the northeast coast and the village of Chiufen.  We spent the 24th through the 26th in Taroko Gorge.  We flew to Korea on the 28th.

We flew on Delta airlines from Salt Lake City to Seattle, to Tokyo Narita, and then finally to Taipei.  Upon arriving in Taipei we contacted our Airbnb host via telephone and took a taxi to the Ximen district.  The apartment was very close to the subway stop and quite convenient for my commute to the conference.  We took our melatonin pills and slept fairly well that first night.

Thursday, June 19th


I went out and got meat dumplings for breakfast. We went for a walk that morning to Longshan Temple and back.  In the afternoon we took a tour to the northeast coast and the village of Chiufen.




 












No comments:

Post a Comment