Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New Camera and Photo per Day

 

I bought a new camera and lens this summer.  The lens is a Tamron Di II 18-270 F/3.5-6 made to fit the Canon EOS mount.  I used it for several weeks in Korea with my old Rebel XT.  The new camera body is a Canon T3i.  I started using it when I got back and I love both the lens and the camera.  I like the extended ISO with the T3i.  It goes to 6400 while the old XT went only to 1600.  The 18-270 range on the Tamron means I don't need to switch lenses like I did when I was using the 18-50 and 50-200 Canon kit lenses.  This is a big plus when I am out in a sandy environment like the San Rafael Swell.


I've done some macro shots, some long exposures, and other things by way of experiment.  I've posted a few of those below and a few others at http://500px.com/kerkphil.

To keep myself motivated I started a 365-day project at the following site - http://365project.org/kerkphil/365. Take a look if you get a chance and leave me some constructive feedback.













No comments:

Post a Comment